New Year – New blah, blah, blah!
So how has 2018 been so far? It’s fair to say the people I know and love fall into two camps – those who love the New Year and see it as an ideal time to start over and re-invent themselves; whilst others find January a tough time – it’s cold, dark and they’ve decided to give up everything they love from chocolate to booze to meat to diary (Veganuary anyone?).
I’m a big fan of January. However, when it comes to New Year Resolutions I am a great believer in doing new things (however small) as opposed to giving up things I love. So how about 5 easy Style Resolutions we can all keep:
- Only wear clothes that you adore and that make you feel confident – anything else (ie. clothes that don’t fit you, don’t suit your shape, and hold negative connotations) have no place in your wardrobe- Why would they?
- Work on the less is more principle - It’s no coincidence that the most stylish women I know have the smallest wardrobes. When you assess your wardrobe - be ruthless. Give away items you no longer love or those expensive mistakes you’ve bought in a panic. Pass them on to friends or to a charity and allow someone else the joy of wearing them.
- Let people know if you admire their style – It’s such a lovely feeling to be stopped and complimented - so when you see someone who looks fabulous – tell them. And don’t be afraid to ask where a particular item is from. This is how we’re inspired to try new labels or brands we never considered before.
- Create 5 ‘go-to’ outfits - Many of us struggle with a particular way of dressing, whether it’s casual-wear or more dressy outfits. Take some time to create outfits that are comfortable, stylish and easy to pull together. Once you have them, dressing becomes a joy. If you need a hand creating them - get in touch – it’s what I do!
- Step out of your comfort zone – Every woman I have styled (and there have been plenty) underestimate how fabulous they can look. If you are bored or uninspired by your style (for whatever reason) seek the help of someone you trust. To help with this one I’m offering free consultations (in London and Surrey) from 18th January to 12th February. To find out more and book an appointment click here.
Here’s to a stylish, confident and fabulous 2018.
Have a great week-end and feel free to share this post.