My week in style….
This week I was reminded of why I love my job. I get to host fabulous events; meet great people and be inspired by clothing and its ability to transform. Allow me to share with you highlights of the week including: style myths to ignore; a timeless brand; and a new designer collaboration. Enjoy!
The style event at Fenwick Kingston got me thinking about how many style myths we believe. In no particular order:
- the need to have a perfect shape to look good in clothing;
- the need to keep up with the latest trends to appear ‘relevant’;
- the need to forgo comfort for style.
If you missed the event – allow me to briefly explain why they are untrue:
- Clothes create illusions – they can make us look broader, taller, shorter, more curvy, slimmer. It’s all about proportions, creating balance and symmetry with your clothing.
- Be inspired by trends, choose those that will breathe new life into your existing wardrobe. Don’t be ruled by them or you will become overwhelmed and never find your true, individual style.
- Restrictive clothing, sky scrapper heels, unforgiving material – who needs them? There is no reason to feel uncomfortable in clothing – if you do – you need to re-assess your wardrobe, the brands you choose AND call me!
Spotlight on…Anine Bing
On Wednesday morning I had the pleasure of attending a style talk by Anine Bing at Soho House (the perfect stylish venue for such a stylish brand). Anine Bing is a Los Angeles based fashion brand inspired by Scandinavian simplicity and American energy. They have numerous stores, with 3 currently in London The brand focuses on clothing for women seeking a timeless yet rebellious approach to style. Anine Bing’s mission is to “create modern wardrobe essentials that inspire women to feel confident and empowered.” – clearly it shows.
A Collaboration of dreams
If you are looking to add bold colours to your wardrobe staples, check out Jigsaw’s new collaboration with the internationally acclaimed designer, Roksanda. Roksanda’s distinctive style is so striking, so playful and oozes style. It is a limited-edition so be quick!
You’re very welcome
Have a great week-end and feel free to share this post.