Is it time to upgrade your underwear drawer?
I’m a huge fan of the Easter break. 4 days to spend catching up with people, enjoying the sunshine (hopefully) and eating your favourite chocolate – what’s not to love? In between all of this I’m planning to sort my underwear drawer. Yes it’s time – out with the old, in with the new and boy do I love new underwear. It can do wonders for your shape, and makes you feel special no matter what you wear.
If you are in the mood to do the same here are my top tips when it comes to underwear together with a few of my favourite styles currently on my wish list.
- Firstly, everyone needs at least one underwear set that is frivolous, impractical in colour and makes you feel beautiful. Here’s mine (and it’s on sale)! I highly recommend bulk buying underwear during sale times. You can get some incredible bargains from high-end brands.
- I have a ‘thing’ about mis-matched underwear – it just feels odd! However, I do appreciate when buying expensive lacey bras, matching knickers can be costly. TIP: Buy one set and then by less-expensive knickers from Boux Avenue in the same colour lace. It works so well especially with dark colours such as French navy or black.
- Most stylists will tell you (myself included) that nude underwear is best under white clothing. However, nude underwear doesn’t look particularly flattering or make you feel particularly special. TIP: Rather than opting for white (which, loses its brightness far too quickly) I opt for ‘mocha’ or dusky pink – much prettier light shades that remain fairly invisible under white.
- Magazines will suggest handwashing underwear but most women I know live in the real world and do not have the time. TIP: Always use a lingerie bag, wash on a delicate cycle and remember you don’t need to wash bras each time you wear them. As a general rule, wash them after every two to three wears.
- I often opt for French navy over black when it comes to underwear. It’s so chic and can look more sophisticated than black. See proof below!
- Finally, make sure you get fitted for every new style of bra you buy. This will make a huge difference to your shape and widen your choice of clothing options.
I hope this inspires you to check out your underwear drawer and give it some care and attention – see the difference it makes to how you look and feel.
You’re very welcome
Have a great week-end and feel free to share this post.