Feeling the need to embrace Ruffles & Frills?
As a reader of the Style Post you’ll know Maggie Killick Style is more about ‘effortless style’ than ‘high fashion’. However, that doesn’t mean we’re not interested in new trends – the trick is not to be dictated by them.
One trend you may have noticed and/or worn during spring/summer was ruffles. They were everywhere: on necklines, trousers, jackets and dresses. Autumn/winter sees the trend continuing, particularly on coats and jumpers.
If you are keen to embrace the trend – here are some simple guidelines on how best to wear it together with a selection of pieces that may well inspire you in your choice.
- The key to making the trend look chic and stylish is to pair ruffles with simple tailored pieces. The trend makes a bold statement and adds volume so it needs simplicity to make it work.
eyes will be drawn to where ruffles are. So, for example:
- if you have great legs a pencil dress or skirt with ruffles at the hem will look fabulous;
- if you have good arms, ruffles on the sleeve are a great idea;
- if you are relatively flat-chested, try a top with a ruffled front - It’s the perfect choice to add shape and volume.
- Personally if I’m wearing ruffles I’ll go for a structured style but everyone is different. If you prefer to opt for a floaty, chiffon version I’d advise pairing it with a structured boyfriend blazer or jeans. This will add a fabulous masculine contrast to an ultra-feminine style.
Have a great week-end and feel free to share this post.