MY “ GO-TO” TOP FOR SUMMER
When it comes to ‘tops’ in my wardrobe, the majority of them are either shirts or t-shirts. This may sound a little dull but what I love about them is their versatility: the way they can work with absolutely everything in my wardrobe. Each summer I treat myself to a few white t-shirts in varying sizes and shapes. This Style Post is dedicated to my favourite white t-shirt looks, together tips on how to wear them. I hope they inspire you to wear yours in different ways or to treat yourself to a new one for the season ahead.
The “effortless wide-leg” combination
The “chic blazer & jeans” combination
The “unexpected evening skirt” combination
The “cool tailored suit” combination
The “perfect pleats” combination
The “edgy leather” combination
Top tips for t-shirts:
- I rarely wear fitted stretchy t-shirts – cotton t-shirts that drape, rather than cling, give a far more flattering look;
- If you have a large bust, opt for a v-neck or loose-neck t-shirt;
- Think about the proportion of your outfit – if wearing lots of volume on your bottom half, don’t go too oversized with your t-shirt;
- Shorter-style t-shirts can look fabulous tucked into high-waisted skirts or trousers;
- If you don’t feel comfortable tucking in a t-shirt, try the half tuck (see below) which will show off some shape whilst hiding those areas you’re not happy with.
Enjoy wearing your favourite style of t-shirt this summer – and if you need help to find it, do get in touch. It would be a joy to help you find the perfect style for you.
Have a great week-end and feel free to share this post.