Heading for the sales? Think beyond the summer months…
The sales are in full swing which means there’s no better time to give you a little advice when hitting the stores:
To ensure your sale shopping trip is successful:
- Be comfortable (and stylish obviously) – dress in clothing that is easy to take on and off
- Wear good underwear that enhances your shape - it will make the world of difference
- Wear a little make-up – you’ll be constantly seeing your reflection in the changing room!
Ask yourself the following when trying each item:
- Does it make me feel good?
- Does it work with my existing wardrobe?
- Would I buy it if it was full price? If not, why not?
Here, in my opinion, are the most common reasons we waste money on sale items (guilty of any?):
- We buy items that don’t fit - we vow to slim into them or get them altered and never do;
- We’re more tempted by the saving than the actual item;
- We lose our sense of style and buy “high-fashion” pieces that quickly date
I know it seems strange but I find summer sales a great time to look out for fabulous autumn/winter staples. I’m not wishing the summer away but bear this in mind - be clever in the sales – here are just a few items I have my eye on which may inspire you to think ahead.
Enjoy – feel free to share this post.